The establishment in Utansjö is a step toward Bolooba’s vision of becoming a world leader in HPC Data Center provision.
– This investment is part of our growth strategy. It makes us a multi-site HPC data center provider. We have already sold out the capacity and got the keys today, now starts an intensive period of building work for us. Our goal is to be operational in January 2019, says CEO Francesco Benincasa.
Boris Pavlic, the owner of Utansjöverken, states that Bolooba was selected from a long and competitive list of local and international contenders.
– We chose to sign with Bolooba because of their robust business model and highly qualified management team. It was a very strategic choice for us, and we are looking forward to develop Utansjöverken as a business center together with Bolooba.
Bolooba is going to need 50 people to help build the facility and will employ 10 qualified data center technicians at the Utansjö site.
– It warms my heart to see an old industrial site brought back to life by a high technological company in a modern industry, says Andreas Sjölander, mayor of Härnösand.
Bolooba was first established in the High Coast earlier this year, when they bought a site in Sollefteå which is already up and running.
– I have followed and worked with Bolooba since they first showed an interest in the region, and therefore I am very happy that they are choosing to grow within the region, says Mikael Aamisepp, Director of Investment at High Coast Invest.
– A lot of datacenter operators has shown an interest in the High Coast sites during the past years, because of our strong regional offer. I dare to say that the High Coast is one of the best regions in the world for data centers and other electricity intensive industries – from an economic as well as a sustainable perspective.
As for Bolooba, the company already has plans for further expansion.
– We will announce a number of new sites during the autumn and grow fourfold in capacity this year and employ 40 people before Christmas 2018, says Björn Wiklander, CTO of Bolooba.
(Picture shows Björn Wiklander, Bolooba, and Andreas Sjölander, Mayor of Härnösand, at the Utansjö site. Photo: Julia Erixon)